Japanese knotweed is about to emerge from its winter hibernation – and is now thought to affect up to 5% of properties in the UK. Meanwhile, RICS is in the process of revising its IP27 guidance for surveyors which could have a big impact on the buying and selling of affected properties. Get up to date on the latest and find out how to ensure knotweed isn’t a deal breaker.
Here’s what you will learn:
• Advising clients on selling property affected by knotweed
• Tips for keeping the chain together when knotweed is discovered but not declared
• Timescales for various treatment options and securing insurance-backed guarantees for lenders
• Dog detection surveys – how sniffer dogs are helping in the fight against knotweed
• Get up to date on changes to the TA6 form and possible impending changes to RICS IP27
We will be joined by Nic Seal who is an Environmental Scientist and the Founder and MD of Environet UK. Nic established Environet 25 years ago and has built it to become the foremost authority on Japanese knotweed and other invasive plants. In 2018 he authored the first consumer guide to the plant, ‘Japanese Knotweed: Unearthing the Truth’ and is regularly called upon as an expert witness in legal cases relating to knotweed misrepresentation and encroachment.
We’ll be sharing your comments with Nic and asking him to answer your questions live throughout the broadcast. Got a question? Bring it with you ready to type in and ask live