Landlords using companies to buy a property. What are the pros and cons?
Webinar recorded live on
We asked our 67,000 LinkedIn followers which Tax topic you’d most like us to cover, and this is what you said.
Landlords are facing increased financial challenges as a result of the restriction in loan interest relief and increased cost of borrowing. Understanding the tax efficiency of holding property in a company could well reduce a landlord’s tax cost and therefore increase financial returns. But what are the practical steps involved?
We were joined by Mark Stemp, Tax Partner at Crowe UK, who has over 20 years of experience as a property tax specialist. After this session you’ll:
• Be able to compare the tax costs of buying, holding and selling property in your own name vs. using a company
• Understand the tax benefits of including family members as share holders
• Appreciate the tax complexities of transferring an existing portfolio to a company
• Learn the financial mechanics of how to purchase property using a company
• Better understand each of the relevant taxes including SDLT, income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax
Only have 10 minutes spare? Try these bite-size versions: